- Preheat oven to 350°F and butter and flour a 9 inch baking pan (or use baking spray with flour in it).
- In a large bowl, mix together the Flour, Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Salt.
- Once the dry ingredients are well mixed, add in the Buttermilk, Milk, Coffee, Oil, Egg and Vanilla Extract and blend until you have a smooth and glossy batter.
- Pour into a prepared round 9 in. baking pan and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for about 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for at least 10 minutes and then carefully remove and continue to cool on cooling racks.
- Poke holes throughout the cake with a fork and drizzle the Grenadine Syrup over and allow to soak in.
- Prepare the Chocolate Mousse according to directions and allow to set (chilled for at least 2 hours or can be made a day ahead)
- Add the drained Cherries to the mousse and blend well.
- Mix together the chopped Bahlsen Waffeletten Cookies, White Chocolate Chips and Nuts.
- Once your cake has cooled, place on your favorite cake plate. Top with the Mousse mixed with Cherries, sprinkle generously with Cookie mixture.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Enjoy.
You may also substitute the Grenadine Syrup for a Cherry flavored Liqueur for a grown up version .You can also double the cake recipe to make two 9 inch cake layers to use cake in other recipes. For a more fudge like cake, double the amount of strong coffee and watch your bake time.