FOR THE BASE
- Mix the cookies in a food processor or blender. Add to the melted butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour this mixture into a well greased 8” springform pan, pressing down firmly until even.
FOR THE TOP
- Mix softened cream cheese and sugar together in a bowl.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- Add the melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture a little at a time, stirring continually.
- When thoroughly mixed, remove the base from fridge and use a spatula to spread the topping mixture evenly across the base right up to the edges of the springform pan.
- Allow to set in the refrigerator for at least two hours. Release from pan and dust with cocoa powder before serving.